School to work transition
FWS supports youth to work
Case Management is available while you are at school
Thinking of leaving school?
Support for young people
FWS provides support via the Disability Employment Service for young people to ensure that the transition from school to employment is as smooth as possible. If you are considering leaving school or have just left school and have a health issue or disability you may be eligible to register with FWS and will immediately receive support from a Case Manager while still at school.
Our Youth Case Managers can connect with you regularly to support you to seek part time work while you are still at school so that you will have a better transition to work when you leave school permanently.
Eligible School Leaver Definition:
- Be in the last 6 months of full time secondary school and considering post-school options/employment opportunities, or
- a full-time student who is intending to work outside of school hours at award-based wages, or
- first registering within the 12 months of leaving full time secondary school, or
- first registering with directly from participating in a recognised State or Commonwealth funded transition to work program
- be of legal working age and
- assessed by the provider as having capacity to work for a minimum of 8 hours a week with assistance
If you are aged 15 years or over, and not in full-time study or full-time work, you could be fully eligible to access services from Job Services Australia.
If you are aged between 15 and 20 years and have significant issues preventing you from getting a job, you may be able to register directly with FWS to get immediate help. Some full-time students can also access this immediate help.